Ask your people, leaders, managers and teams:HOW did we work before the pandemic?HOW do we work now?HOW can we work?WHAT was, is and will be the best…?
1. FLEXIBILITY is nothing new. Leaders and organizations have reinvented outdated ways of working before and during the pandemic. Focus on what has worked and what people, leaders and teams cannot do without. Do not try to rebuild old and functional things.
2. FLEXIBILITY among people. Flexibility is NOT a universal protocol or initiative. Flexibility involves the way people plan, coordinate and manage their lives. This requires giving individuals and teams full ‘trust, freedom and responsibility’ for the work performed.
3. WHAT we do. WHERE, WHEN and HOW we work. The pandemic has taught us that work is based on ‘WHAT’ we do. Once the ‘WHAT’ is defined, then naturally follows the ‘WHERE (place), WHEN (time) and HOW (we use technology to communicate and collaborate)’.
4. Provide the right tools. Inspire and educate people, leaders and teams. Let them actively experiment with the new knowledge, skills and tools they need for successful FLEXIBLE work.
5. Get in tune. To achieve the best FLEXIBLE resolutions, leadership at all levels must be able to answer these three questions:
What does FLEXIBILITY mean in our organization?
How does FLEXIBILITY work in practice?
Why does FLEXIBILITY matter?