Digital signage is a digital display device that gradually replaces traditional paper media such as posters.
Digital signage is a digital display device that gradually replaces traditional paper media such as posters. It is used for the digital display of navigation information, advertising spots or promotional banners in business and cultural centres. Digital signage is a device widely used not only to display advertising, but is gaining more and more popularity in offices and schools. In these places, it transmits important information for employees, students or teachers in digital form.
Digital signage has a number of great advantages compared to a paper form of presentation:
- The content is illuminated continuously and is more visible
- It allows more information to be displayed on one desktop, while the content of the desktop can vary over time
- It allows to display dynamic content interspersed with videos, animations or embedded interaction
- The length (extent) of the content can be adjusted depending on the location
- The content can be changed remotely, without the need to be physically present
- Tracking, monitoring or monetization of the displayed content
Digital Signage is a device consisting of hardware (player and display), software and a passive part (kiosk, stands, holder).