Guide systems are a common part of modern museums, galleries and information centres. They combine a specialized guide and the possibility of individual movement around the exhibition. Visitors are not therefore dependent on a group guide, but choose themselves which part of the exhibition interests them and how much time they will spend there. The advantage of current technology is the possibility of using guide systems not only inside buildings, but also outside.
The guide system brings, among others, the following advantages:
- option of choosing the language version of the commentary, including exotic languages for us, such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.
- selection of specialized commentary (for example for experts)
- option of fun versions for kids
- can be supplemented with an informative test with knowledge verification
- can be supplemented with images, videos and animations
- sign language commentary
- feedback for the provider (which exhibits interested visitors most of all, how many visitors visited the exhibition)
- the system can be supplemented with additional services, such as the printing of each visitor’s personal catalogue based on the exhibits visited